Um. . maybe that’s just me.
I don’t like reading series because. . .
Reading series takes toooo much time and energy and feels, feels, feels. You know that feeling when you are now so attached with the characters and the author does something like kill them and you are now like…
YES. INFERNAL DEVICES AND HUNGER GAMES. I’M TALKING ABOUT YOU TWO.
That’s why I avoid series as much as possible. If I sense something fishy, I’ll run as fast as I can. I just can’t handle losing characters that are so dear to me and just pretend like it is okay but NO NO it will never be okay, it will never be. Yes, Infernal devices and Hunger Games. You two. Again.
And like I said, a series takes toooooo much time to finish. Like, you have to wait a year or two because the author of your favorite book is too busy
killing off characters writing. And there are so many books I need to read, I can’t be bother at all.
Last year, I only read 3 series, I think. (Percy Jackson, Infernal, FSOG – Yes! I’ve read Fifty Shades of Grey) and there were some series I didn’t bother continuing. I read the first and second book and I just lost interest in it. Here are some of the series I didn’t finish:
1. Legend Trilogy – Legend just didn’t wow me at all. It was okay but I have so many standalone books I need to read, so bye bye. But hey, guys, I want to hear your thoughts about Prodigy. Is it good?
2. Divergent Trilogy – I still haven’t read Allegiant. I lost interest, okay. I saw a lot of spoilers and I read a lot of mixed reviews about this one so, no. Maybe I’ll just read it before the movie comes out.
3. The Mortal Instruments – Sorry. Cassandra Clare. 3 books is enough. And there’s too much going on, so many new characters and the fact that City of Fallen Angels was not that great, unlike the 3 other books. And the fact that Clary and Jace still haven’t had sex ARE YOU KIDDING ME. No. Thank you. Next time, just stick with trilogies.
4. Soul Screamers – 8 books? No. Thank you. I’m still stuck on book 3.
5. Heroes of Olympus – I read The Lost Hero and *yawsn* it was boring. I didn’t connect at all with Jason. And I missed reading Percy’s POV! I need Percy and the gang back again!!!
6. Delirium trilogy – I read Delirium and Pandemonium. I remembered not loving Delirium but it got better on Pandemonium (I liked it). I can’t remember why I didn’t read Requiem. Hehehe. Maybe I’ll try to finish this series this year. Just maybe.
7. Maze Runner Trilogy – Not. That. Awesome. And I saw a spoiler, about the last book. Great.
8. Touch Trilogy– The first book wasn’t that good. It was bad, actually. Second book? No. I have a lot of books to read.
9. Bad Girls Don’t Die Trilogy – Not. Awesome. Boring.
10. Penryn and The End of Days – This is what I get when I jump into bandwagon. Angelfall didn’t wow me at all. It was meehhhhh and I can’t be bother with the second book.
11. Pretty Little Liars – Did I mention that I have a lot of books to read and I’m still stuck on book 9. And this awfully long series is now on book 14. Are you fucking kidding me?
See? A lot of series I abandoned.. (for good.) Maybe it’s not really for me. Also one of the reasons why I don’t read much series is because of the hype. Yup. Everyone’s raving about how good this book is and when I read it, it was meh *coughs Angelfall and Legend*
There a lot of reading challenges I want to sign up for, that involves reading 2 or 3 series. But whenever I think about it. . .
Enlighten me up, do you love reading series? If so, what are the series you loved? / Are you like me who have this bad habit of not finishing a series? / Am I missing something out? Any recommendations? Maybe I’ll check it out. . . someday